Our Division City Planning & Management
Join our division for a wealth of unique content, spectacular opportunities, and networking events! Scholarships, grants, mentorship, fellow guidance, and other professional enrichment opportunities are just a click away!
We are nearly 2,000 city-oriented planners and managers. We are a group of people who believe in strong and vibrant cities. We believe that we not only CAN make cities better, but we have a RESPONSIBILITY to.
We want to gain the best tools and learn the best techniques. We want to share experiences and good ideas. We want to learn from each other how to design and implement plans to ensure a brighter future for our residents, our businesses, and our property owners
We know that our work matters. Practical is better than theoretical. We have big issues to resolve. They include equity, climate change, displacement, aging infrastructure, food and home instability, health access and the changing business environment. And we face these issues with ever-shrinking budgets.
Our jobs are complex. They require finesse, determination, and quick wits. This Division serves as a support and resource center for all. This is a place to learn, to teach and to give back to a profession that feeds not just our bellies but our souls.
WHAT WE DO FOR OUR MEMBERS
- Two webinars on topics of interest to City Planners and Managers
- Scholarships for AICP testing and study materials
- Seasonal calendar of events
- Informative monthly newsletters that celebrate our members and their accomplishments
- Collaborate with like-minded professionals through LinkedIn campaign
- Mentorship program available
- Student ambassadors to assist and network